Little Baddow Neighbourhood Watch is part of South Woodham Ferrers Group of Neighbourhood Watches.
Our Village Coordinator is Mr Rod Barrett
The Purpose of the Group is:-
- To assist the Police in fighting crime and the fear of crime.
- To encourage people to be vigilant for themselves and each other.
- To promote awareness of residents to criminal activity in their area
- To keep members of NW informed of current problems and liaise with the local Police Force in finding solutions to these problems.
- To inform members of security and community safety measures
- To encourage a willingness to report anything suspicious.
The Aims are:-
- To seek ways of helping to reduce criminal activity in our district
- To involve more residents in the NW scheme
- To encourage greater use of I.D. marking equipment.
Neighbourhood Watch has been in existence in Little Baddow for a number of years there is approximately 300 households signed up for the scheme.It is a partnership between the police and the public intended to bring people together to make their communities safer. I am the current Little Baddow co-ordinator, a voluntary position and my job is to circulate to our members any recent criminal behaviour and information that I consider to be of interest to our group.
The objectives are for us all to be the eyes and ears of the community taking note of any suspicious or criminal activity, taking note of as much detail as possible such as vehicle registration numbers, description of persons and promptly reporting it to the police via 101, (the non urgent phone number) , the ‘Essex Police Website’ (report a non urgent crime) or 999 if considered urgent. Then if you send me, via email, the details of anything reported, together with the ‘police incident number’ I can give early warning to our members.
It is important that we have as many people as possible in our group to maximise our protection so please let me know if you wish to join so that I can add your email address to my circulation list. I send all information blind copied to protect your privacy and give approximate locations to protect identity.
New to the village or already a resident and you wish to join please e-mail me at email@example.com Also for more information please visit www.chelmsfordneighbourhoodwatch.org.uk